Thursday, July 19, 2012

Refocusing my Blog

It's been just over a year since I last wrote in my blog.  A lot has happened over the last year in which I decided I had to focus my attention on a lot of things.  We have had to overcome some serious obstacles with family members who needed our assistance, work on our own health situations and decide what was really important to us as a family.  Now we have come full circle and I have decided to change the focus of my blog to what I think is important to me and could be important to you in these times of financial instability. 

As a woman my greatest concern is of course my relationship with God, Family, Friends in that order.  Of course to most of us our close friends are our family and we need to be prepared to help them when we can.   Proverbs 31 speaks of  “a wife of noble character.” Verse 11, the writer praises this woman as one who does everything in her power to care for her family. She works hard to keep her house and her family in order. Verses 16, 18, 24, and 25 show that she is industrious and "moonlights" with a cottage industry that provides additional income for her family. She is providing for her family. Her employment was secondary to her true calling—the stewardship of her husband, children, and home. I realize that is not a popular theme today, however since I am upholding Christian values and principals I am standing by it.  Some women have to work and have no choice about it but our principal job is our family first.  Some women are prone to believe women's lib or being a "feminazi" is something that should be embraced by all women and all I have to say about that is this blog is definately not for you.  I won't be argumentative about it and I won't be swayed to think differently so save your breath if you are looking for a convert.  I believe in the Bible and what it has to say to me as a woman, a wife and a mother. 

In being a good steward to my family I am going to discuss lots of things on food, household, emergency preparations, saving money where you can and spiritual developement. I urge you to think about these things as we discuss them in order that you can find what works for you and what does not and how you can use these ideas or if you have a better idea let us know, I am always up for learning new things and don't mind being corrected when I am wrong.

I look forward to my coming blogs and hope you do too. My next blog will be about food gardening, food preservation and storing.  See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you are enjoying my blog!